Event Staff personnel assist with all activities related to executing events and are responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients and guests. NSCML is a premier event venue with a fantastic reputation. Event Staff play a crucial role in the success of events while gaining skills in the event management field.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Setting up facilities for events including chairs, tables, linens, stage, dance floor, A/V equipment, glassware, silverware, and other amenities according to the supervisor’s direction.
- Maintaining a clean facility: clearing, washing, vacuuming, cleaning the bar areas, and sweeping and mopping as needed.
- Serving beverages in a timely manner if bartending.
- Tearing down after events, which includes putting away tables and chairs, vacuuming and sweeping, and taking out trash.
- Communicating clearly with manager on duty and other Event Staff to ensure consistency of services and the highest quality of operation.
- Arrive on time and dressed accordingly for events and event set-ups.
- Other event tasks as needed.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Hours are flexible. Most events take place on evenings and weekends and set-ups take place during the day. We need staff with a variety of schedules in order to accommodate the varying event schedule.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Able to lift at least at least 50 lbs. including tables, chairs, etc.
- Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to work well around a large number of people.
- Bartending skills desired, but not required. Must be 18 to bartend.
Must be available to work on June 24
Position: Event Staff
Hours: Must be available to work on June 24. Otherwise flexible schedule.
Starting Wage/Salary: $15
Send resume to email@example.com. One of our event managers will get back to you soon.
About the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
For more than 40 years, NCSML has collected preserved and interpreted the stories of Czechs and Slovaks. In the beginning, our audience was relatively small, mostly local and composed primarily of visitors with Czech or Slovak heritage. Now a national museum with international standing, our audience has become much more diverse. In recognition of our shifting demographics, the NCSML is positioning itself as a place where anyone from anywhere can appreciate the stories, experiences and contributions of Czechs and Slovaks. It is a place to celebrate cultural diversity and have fun; and it is a place to dig deep. In learning about others, we hope visitors will learn about themselves, and make connections to important contemporary issues.
NCSML is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org