Coinciding with our mission, “to preserve, present, and transcend unique stories of Czech and Slovak history and culture through innovative experiences and active engagement,” we want all peoples to feel welcome and invited to experience what the museum has to offer, regardless of ability or background.
The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library strives to make its programs and facilities accessible to all our patrons.
Parking Garage: Entrance located on 15th Ave. Free to use and handicap accessible.
Outdoor parking: Next to the museum on 15th Ave. and across the street in Czech Village.
- An elevator is available on each floor including the parking garage, 1st floor exhibits, and administration offices on 2nd floor.
- Touchless doors located at the Library, elevator lobby, family restroom, and garage entrance.
- Wheelchairs are available for those that need them at no cost, but are first come first serve.
- Lightweight, portable, folding stools available for use throughout the museum.
- Hearing enhancing microphones for theater are at the front desk for those with hearing problems.
- The museum utilizes hearing loop technology at our welcome desk, library desk, and in our store. We are also able to equip any event with hearing loop technology upon request.
- All films in the theater are captioned.
The museum contains 3 restrooms and all restrooms are handicap accessible. One family restroom is available.
Service animals are the only animals allowed in the museum at any time. Service animals are dogs that are trained to perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. This can include a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual or other mental disability. Tasks performed by the animal may include pulling a wheelchair, retrieving dropped items, alerting a person to a sound, pressing elevator buttons or a variety of other tasks. The work performed by a service animal must be directly related to the individual’s disability. This does not include Therapy animals.
For additional information, need assistance, or an accommodation for any ticketed programs or RSVP events, please contact call 319-362-8500 or email email@example.com.
If you need personal assistance before attending the museum please contact Visitors Services Coordinators at 319-362-8500.